- Make the pancakes: in a medium mixing bowl, sift then mix together the flour, baking powder (if required), matcha, and sugar.
- In a liquid measuring cup, measure out the buttermilk. Beat in the egg and butter.
- Gradually whisk egg mixture into flour mixture until smooth.
- Gently stir in chopped raspberries, and pour into a jug
- Preheat the frying pan over a low-medium heat. Brush with a little butter to grease. With a ¼ cup measure, scoop the batter into the frying pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until small bubbles appear on the surface. (you’ll know when it’s ready to flip with 2cm of the edges have turned matte instead of glossy), and flip. Cook on the other side 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place pancakes on baking paper in a preheated oven, about 100 degree Celsius. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, greasing with butter as needed.
- Serve pancakes topped with crème fraȋche and extra raspberries
Did you make this recipe?
Please let us know how it turned out for you. Share a picture on Instagram of all your culinary creations @greenwildtea
Recipe adapted from Women’s Weekly ‘All time Favourites’